One of the main points I emphasize at MyWifeQuitHerJob.com is that you really need to be your own boss or start your own side business in order to build wealth at the fastest possible rate. Sure, you can increase your nest egg by simply saving your money and spending less, but realize that being frugal can only take you so far on your path to wealth. Our day job salaries simply aren’t enough.
There are many ways to make money outside of having a regular day job and thanks to the web and the internet, we can all find ways to have a side business without risking a lot of money. Every now and then, it’s also useful to take a step back and look at some other people’s perspectives on entrepreneurship. Here’s what the blogosphere is saying about starting your own business and making a little extra on the side.
- Pinyo of Moolanomy gives it to us straight in his article about Why You Should Become A Part Time Entrepreneur. If you can handle it, I highly recommend starting a business while still working your day job to mitigate risk and anxiety.
- David of Moneyning outlines the monetary benefits of owning a small business in his article on What Owning A Small Business Can Do For Your Personal Finances. One of the biggest reasons to start a business is the tax breaks.
- Tom at the Canadian Finance Blog writes about Where To Find Other Sources Of Income. Often times, there’s money right there staring at us ready to be made.
- Peter Of Bible Money Matters writes about 11 ways to make extra money on the side in his Guide To Diversifying Your Sources Of Income. An excellent list of simple ways to make money!
- Phil of PT Money provides tips on How To Find Affordable Help For Your Business. There are creative ways to find cheap labor everywhere. You just need to know where to look.
- Arohan of Personal Dividends writes about 10 Tips To Consider Before Starting A Franchise Business. If you are considering going the franchise route, this article is a must read.
- Miranda of AllBusiness reviews the book “Built To Sell” by John Warrillow. This book is a must read if you eventually intend to sell your business.
- Jeff at Good Financial Cents reminds us that your salary doesn’t matter because you’ll never build real wealth from it in his article on Building Real Wealth: Small Company Equity. I completely agree. A modest raise isn’t going to do much for your topline.
- Free From Broke lets us in on a creative way to make some side money. Turns out that Taking Real Estate Photos Can Be Lucrative
- Assaf of Real Estate Pro reminds us that investing in real estate can be very lucrative as described in the article, Fastest Ways To Succeed In Real Estate Investing
Enjoy your friday and have a great weekend!
Ready To Get Serious About Starting An Online Business?If you are really considering starting your own online business and quitting your day job, then you absolutely have to check out my mini course on How To Create A Niche Online Store In 5 Easy Steps.
In this 6 day mini course, I reveal the steps that my wife and I took to earn 100 thousand dollars in the span of just a year. Best of all, it's absolutely free!
Stumble!     Reddit!     Digg!     Del.icio.us     Facebook
Get Free Updates Via RSS   Follow Me On Twitter BizSugar
- The Secrets to Building Wealth – Do You Have The Right Mindset?
- I’ve Been Interviewed At IncomeDiary.com
- Powerful Quotes And Why They Resonate With Me
- New Tax Laws In 2008 That Directly Affect Small Businesses
- What Does It Take To Get You Off Your Butt?
Have you read these?
- How To Be Good At Everything You Try | A Lesson Learned From My Baby Girl
- How Pinterest Has Increased Sales For Our Online Store Along With Some Real Numbers To Back It Up
- Why Writing A Business Plan Is An Overrated Practice
- Growing Pains That We Are Experiencing With Our Online Business
- How To Use Comparison Shopping Engines To Increase Sales For Your Shop