The easiest way to host your podcast is to do so using WordPress. Not only can WordPress host your blog but it can also generate the RSS feed for iTunes and Stitcher radio. I’ve written up step by step instructions below on how to start a WordPress blog in the easiest way possible and for the lowest possible cost using a reputable webhost.
Step #1: Sign Up For A Great Webhost
The first step is to sign up for a webhost. After all, you need to have a computer server in order to run your site. Personally, I recommend Blue Host. Now it’s often difficult to tell whether a webhost is reliable or not at first glance, but I can vouch for Bluehost because I ran my online store on Blue Host for over 2 years and they were fantastic. And the best part is that they only cost $4.95 a month!
- Go to Blue Host
- Click on the “SIGN UP NOW” button.
- Choose a domain. What’s nice about Blue Host is that they will give you a domain for free.
- Enter your account and billing information.
- Choose your hosting package. You will be given a choice of 12 months, 24 months or 36 months. The longer the time frame, the cheaper it will be.
- Make sure you unclick all the stuff you don’t need. Trust me. You don’t need SiteLock Domain Security, Site Backup Pro or Search Engine Jumpstart
- Click Next. You will receive a confirmation in your email.
Step 2: Install WordPress
WordPress is by far the most popular blogging platform out there. And the best part is that you can install WordPress in a matter of just a few clicks on Blue Host
- Log in to your Blue Host account. Note: You should have received an email with your user id/password information. If you can’t find the login link, Click Here
- Click the icon that reads “Simple Scripts” under the “Site Builders” in your cPanel.
- Select WordPress to be installed
- Click on the “Install” button
- Enter your domain and fill in your blog name under “Advanced Options”. Make sure you uncheck all of the extraneous items.
Note: If you have Open Cart already installed in the root directory, you will want to place your blog in a subdirectory such as http://yourdomain.com/blog
- Agree to Blue Host Terms of Service.
- Click “Complete”. Now WordPress has been uploaded to your domain!
Step 3: Login To Your Blog Backend
Once your blog is installed, you can login by typing in the following URL into your web browser.
Enter in your own username and password to begin the podcast RSS feed process!