Welcome to part 3 of a 3 part video series on how to create an online store and own your own website without any technical experience required.
Today, I’m going to teach you how to get a great looking website without having to hire a designer and without having to spend a lot of money. In an informal survey that I conducted among my readers a while back, the second biggest mental hurdle to starting an ecommerce website is the design aspect of the store.
Let’s face it. Most of us aren’t web designers. Most of us aren’t very artistic and most of us are not well versed in the art of writing html or php.
The good news is that you don’t really have to be an expert in any of those things in order to put up a good looking online store.
The Beauty Of Open Source
One of the best aspects of using an open source shopping cart such as Open Cart is that it is a standard platform. As a result, many 3rd party developers actively create themes, templates and plugins for Open Cart and many of them are free or can be purchased at a very low cost.
For example, many of the templates for Open Cart are free or can be had for as little as $25. A template is a theme for your shopping cart that completely transforms the look and feel of your online store. While your products and your database remain the same, the aesthetics for your shop can be instantly changed to suit your tastes.
In addition, you can purchase a wide variety of 3rd party plugins that add additional functionality to your online store at little or no cost as well.
Installing A Shopping Cart Template
Today’s video will give you a brief overview about shopping cart templates and themes and provide you with a complete walkthrough on how to install your theme once you make a purchase.
Once again, there is no technical experience required to follow along. Enjoy the video!
Want To Learn More?
Have you enjoyed my videos so far? If you are itching to start your own online store, you definitely need to check out my full blown course on how to create a profitable online store.
I will teach you everything you need to know in order to run a successful online shop.
- How To Install An Open Source Shopping Cart And Start Your Online Store In Under 5 Minutes
- Get A Great Design For Your Store – Create A Profitable Online Store Part 5
- How To Accept Credit Cards And Secure Your Online Store With SSL Without Any Technical Experience
- How To Start An Online Store, Own Your Website And Sell Online Without Any Technical Knowledge Required
- Select A Free Shopping Cart – Create A Profitable Online Store Part 3
Have you read these?
- 5 Crucial Business Lessons That I Picked Up From FinCon
- Breaking Down The 100K A Year Barrier With Your Small Business
- How Dedicated Hosting Can Actually Be Cheaper Than Shared Hosting
- What This One Tea Shop Did Differently To Make Me A Long Term Customer
- My First Keynote, The Future Of Ecommerce, And How I Convinced My Wife To Go Out On A Second Date